Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day Forty: Our Fire Station


Today, I really wanted some architectural shots. Unfortunately, it was raining (unusual for Minnesota in February) so it would be hard to walk around taking pictures. I'll save that for another day.

I went with my husband to visit his father, then he drove me to the library to return some books. I warned him that I intended to take pictures of the library as I was returning the books (I told you he thinks my picture-taking is obsessive, so I felt he needed warning!).

When I got back in the car, he suggested the fire station in the same parking lot! I think he's beginning to like my newest obsession!!!!

Anyway......I am into playing with curves, sharpening, actions......so what was a nice photo, became artsy. Obviously, a far cry from reality.

This is so fun!

5 comments:

  1. It's great to make the photos look different. Especially ones of buildings. I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great photo! I love the american firetrucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with this, Michelle! It turned out great! Love the reflection in the doors, too!

    We're getting rain here, too! Yes, strange in February (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how awesome that your husband is staring to get into with you!! Mine likes to show my photos off to his co workers but I dont get much out of him as far as excitement goes LOL This photo TOTALLY rocks!! Fabulous idea, love your processing too sweety!

    ReplyDelete