Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Day Seventy-Seven: Another Beautiful Day in Cuchamonga



I think it was my son-in-law who always said "another nice day in Cuchamonga" when he woke up and saw it was nice here!

Just a few weeks ago, I used a picture of ice fishermen on Lake Minnetonka. They had their trucks on the lake, as well as their ice houses.

Then up went this sign: "Thin Ice". But if you look, you will see the thin ice has given way to water. I am sure there are already bets for the date of "ice out", which is the date the ice is completely gone on the lake.

This lake is just a few minutes from my house. I live in a suburb of Minneapolis, about 15 minutes from town. Minnesota is the "Land of 10,000 Lakes", and though is not the largest lake by far, it is a huge lake close to town. It used to be filled with cabins and lake homes. It was the summer spot for city "folks". Now it is ringed with mansions for the wealthy well-known business owners here.

In the summer it is filled with boats- small and large. In the winter, ice houses, and polar-dipping (those crazies who jump into the lake on January 1st in freezing weather).

Some of the towns around the lake, like Wayzata and Excelsior, are really cute towns with great shops and restaurants.

This is my town. I think I will intersperse pictures of "my town" among my pictures this year. I love to watch how things change over the years, and this will be one more thing to journal in this year. I already have the library and the fire station.....I'm off to a great start!

Did I say, I love this Challenge!

4 comments:

  1. Great shot with the sign in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shot ... the red on the sign gives a nice punch of color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool!! I love to see the "around town" photos that people have! I'm planning on doing more of that now that spring is here. I love this project, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to do pictures of your town. I have lived in a small town in Western Massachusetts for 38 years and, yes, lots of changes. I wish I had some pictures of when I first moved here.

    Let me say that I love looking at your 365 blog. It is interesting and I love how you alter your pictures. I also like hearing about your grandchildren. I have one 8 year old granddaughter and a grandson on the way in June.

    I am really enjoying this Project 365 challenge

    ReplyDelete